Your Shortcut

Thursday 5 April 2012

1st Day in Creative Thinking Skills Class

Hahaha... ... HI ! (LoL)

I'm currently studying at Taylor's University Lakeside Campus & taking Foundation In Design (FID) courses . Not a cheap course , for more info ... visit the university .

They have orientation on the last 3days . Is a tiring days . I'm not going to talk about it , because it going to be a long story . If you want to know what is going on on that 3days of orientation , you can simply leave a comment . I will give you as much info as possible . Over all , the orientation is about meeting new friends and know more about Uni life .

I start my course on April 2012 . Today is my 1st day starting FID lesson , is Creative Thinking Skills ( taught by Mr. Charles Naidu ) . Actually I have 3 classes today , but for some reason . Some class had delay or change the date .

Straight to mine point :
About the class
Today Activities
What I about to do

Know more about Taylor's University Lakeside Campus :
Advantage
Disadvantage

About the class
Creative Thinking Skills is basically learning to expose yourself as a designer . A very very very creative designer . The teacher/lecturer will guide you to be a creative person , of course you must help yourself . Don't expect the teacher too much . If not you won't be as great as other .

The main thing Mr. Charles will teach us about "Idea Journal" . I don't really exactly know what is it . He gave us a topic about "Your Definition About CREATIVE" . Then , we need to do something out on a A4 size paper . He said any paper , as long as is a A4 size paper . Might be recycle paper , cloth ?? or something ...
I'm actually blur in beginning . I thought he was just giving an example . In the end , only I know is a task . ( See... I'm damn blur )
Mr. Charles also told us that we won't be doing our classes in a room only . We might having a class at outdoor . This will be interesting , I won't be worrying about boring life . Luckily , this teacher is not that strict . I mean strict like , not must be very quiet in class , but need do what he need of course . ( I wonder you get what I mean )
Today Activities
Today , our activities in class is more on "Ice Breaking" . I get to know some new friends from other places . Next , teacher will ask us to get some material for his class next week . ( I'll show you a material I bought just now later ) . Then , he give us some briefing about his class .

So he ask us to pick a class monitor , class monitor assistance and a treasurer . No one want to volunteer themselves , so teacher pick a class monitor ( Elyca , is a her ) . Then I volunteer myself as a class monitor assistance . Don't ask me why , cause I naturally raised up my hand . I think I never been once . I want to become something in college ( I think !?!? ) . Lastly the treasurer , he volunteer himself ( Oliver , don't blame me if I spelled wrong his name and he's not Malaysian . I forget where he from) .

Today we also form a group of four ( four person in a group ) . Hmmm... I just tell the class monitor , Elyca that I join her group . Then , somehow Oliver join also and the next person is Wilson ( I think , forget his name ) . So 2 guys , 2 girls . Then me give our group name "3 Lines" , it means 3 pointed lines . The word "lines" is Wilson's idea , he said is a basic of art . Then "3 pointed lines" is Oliver's idea , I guess he means continues lines !?!? I need to study more about this "3 pointed lines" thingy .
I felt I'm LEFT OUT !!!! I must pick up !!!!!!
What I about to do
After that class , I straight about go home . I reach home and took a rest .
About 3.30pm I went out and find something that I want to show you .
The thickest marker that Mr. Charles ask us to find . ( LoL !!! )
I wonder I buy the right one or not ... ...
Cost me RM7.70 ( So expensive ~~ )


Later on , I will do my best and be more creative in my future .

Know more about Taylor's University Lakeside Campus :
Advantage
  1. The campus very big .
  2. More than enough of facilities .
  3. Good environment .
  4. Any problem , they will have a point to solve your problem .
  5. Provide counselling and career info
  6. Many clubs and societies
  7. Got Broadway Walk where you can find your food and Gym over there
Disadvantage
  1. Expensive courses 
  2. Need to pay for locker , UNI-gym and swimming pool
  3. Need to pay for shutter bus ( RM1.50/per ride)
  4. Expensive accommodation
  5. Financing Hardship Scholarship expired date ended very fast . ( I want it , it expired after only I decide to take my course . So it will be a burden for my family )
That's about it , do leave a comment ;) 


By June

No comments:

Post a Comment